5 Days Ol Pejeta Lake Naivasha Maasai Mara Lodge Safari
5 Days Ol Pejeta, Lake Naivasha and Maasai Mara Lodge Safari begins with a visit to the famous Sweetwaters Game Reserve is 90,000-acre private ranch with magnificent views across the plains to the snow capped peaks of Mount Kenya.
This game sanctuary is the closest reserve to Nairobi (3.5 hours drive) home to all the big five game, and has the highest ratio of game-to-area of any park or reserve in Kenya.
Its popular waterhole is floodlit by night, providing excellent and secluded rarely seen game viewing. Game drives at Sweetwaters are indeed a pleasure.
Game viewing may also take the form of game walks accompanied by a resident Naturalist, game rides on horseback, Camel riding, night game drives and “bush” lunches or dinners.
The Chimpanzee Sanctuary is most informative and entertaining and should be visited while in the Game Reserve.
The Sweetwaters Chimpanzee Sanctuary is incorporated within the Ol Pejeta Conservancy and is the only place in Kenya where this highly endangered and remarkably intelligent species can be seen.
The Lake Naivasha and its surrounds are rich in natural bounty, and the fertile soils and water supply have made this one of Kenya’s prime agricultural regions.
Much of the lake is surrounded by forests of the yellow barked Acacia Xanthophloea, known as the yellow fever tree.
These forests abound with bird life, and Naivasha is known as a world class birding destination. The waters of the lake draw a great range of game to these shores.
Giraffes wander among the acacia, Buffalo wallow in the swamps and Colobus monkeys call from the treetops while the Lakes large hippo populations sleep the day out in the shallows.
The Maasai Mara Game Reserve – Kenya’s most famous and finest game sanctuary.
In the months of June and July each year, the wildebeests in their troops arrive at the Kenyan border, ready to cross the steep banks of the broad and fast flowing Mara River.
This crossing is truly the greatest episode of the entire migration. Hot on their heels are the predators of the savannah –lion, cheetah, wild dog, jackal, hyena and vultures.
The banks of the Mara River provide one of the best vantage points to witness the drama.
The Mara also offers wildlife in such variety and abundance that it is difficult to believe: over 450 species of animals have been recorded here.
You will most likely see the Big Five- lion, rhino, buffalo, leopard, and elephant. Not to mention numerous plain animals.
- Extensive Game drives
- Pre–tour itinerary document
- All meals included while on safari
- All applicable Game Park entrance fees
- Safari vehicles carry cold drinks and mineral water
- Guaranteed window seating with open top for easy photography
- Guaranteed departures for two or more passengers booking this safari
- Finest accommodations in Ol Pejeta, Lake Naivasha & Maasai Mara Game Reserve
- Round trip transport from Nairobi to Ol Pejeta, Lake Naivasha & Maasai Mara Game Reserve
- Multi-lingual Professional Safari Guide/ Driver. (Professional Safari Escort is available upon request)
Rates Do Not Include:
- International Airfare
- A visit to a Maasai Village
- Accommodation in Nairobi
- Cost of obtaining passport and visas
- Gratuity for your professional driver guide
- Sundowner bush cocktails and bush dinner
- Christmas, New Year and Easter Supplement
- Nature walks, Night game drives, Camel rides etc
- Gratuity for Porterage/ waiters at hotels, camps and airports
- Membership in Flying Doctors Society – Emergency air rescue
- Optional Hot Air Ballooning (cost per person is 480 US Dollars)
- Personal expenses such traveling insurance, excess baggage fee, communication charges that include, laundry, emails, faxes and phone calls beverages including luxury champagne, luxury spirits, beer, wines during meals or meals not indicated in the itinerary
Day 1: Nairobi – Ol Pejeta Conservancy
Day 2: Ol Pejeta Conservancy – Lake Naivasha
Day 3: Lake Naivasha – Drive Maasai Mara
Day 4: Full Day Maasai Mara Game Reserve
Day 5: Maasai Mara Game Reserve – Drive to Nairobi
Reviews Scores and Score Breakdown
Aliquam lorem ante, dapibus in, viverra quis, feugiat a, tellus. Phasellus viverra nulla ut metus varius laoreet. Quisque rutrum. Aenean imperdiet. Etiam ultricies nisi vel augue. Curabitur ullamcorper ultricies