Samburu Game Reserve 4 Days 3 Nights
Kenya Safari Samburu Game Reserve 4 Days 3 Nights; is a road safari package from Nairobi to Samburu Game Reserve located in what used to be called the Northern Frontier District.
Samburu Game Reserve, covers 40 Square Miles (104 Square Kilometers) is located 350 Kilometers north of Nairobi within Isiolo District.
Samburu Game Reserve has an abundance of wildlife, birds and colorful cultural traditions of the Samburu’s who are the cousins of the Maasai.
Samburu National Reserve is situated on the banks of the Ewaso Nyiro River in Kenya. This means plenty of water, trees and shade to attract wildlife like elephant, lion, giraffe and zebra from the surrounding savannah plains.
Leopards are also regularly spotted. Samburu Game Reserve is situated in the hot and arid fringes of Kenya’s vast Northern Frontier District.
The area is home to the Samburu tribe, pastoral relatives of the Maasai. Samburu Reserve as a safari destination has rugged and dramatic landscape, the Ewaso Nyiro River runs along the southern boundary.
Samburu Game Reserve and is home to crocodile and hippo with the many animals visiting to drink during the heat of the day.
On our Kenya Safari Samburu Game Reserve 4 Days 3 Nights, you may see buffalo, lion, leopard, cheetah and other plains game.
Species of game unique to Samburu include the Beisa oryx, the long necked Gerenuk, Grevy’s zebra, reticulated giraffe and the blue shanked Somali ostrich.
Samburu Game Reserve is not particularly well – known and is therefore not too crowded – a huge plus in Kenya where so many reserves are often overflowing with tourists.
It is often grouped together with the Buffalo Springs and Shaba National Reserves as they lie so close together.
Samburu Game Reserve Highlights | What to See and Do
Samburu Game Viewing: Samburu animals include cheetah, lion, leopard, impala, buffalo, hippo, and dik-dik, as well as the native gerenuk, Grevy’s zebra, reticulated giraffe and Beisa Oryx.
You are guaranteed to see most animals during the dry season as they converge at the Uaso Nyiro River, their main source of water during the long dry weather.
Elephants are also spotted during this time, and you can watch the Nile crocodiles swim in the river.
Samburu Bird Viewing: Samburu National Reserve is a paradise for bird lovers, with over 350 species of birds already recorded.
You can enjoy a colorful assortment of birds such as vultures, kingfishers, marabous, eagles, guinea fowl, Somali ostriches and many more.
Samburu Cultural Tours: Visit the local Samburu villages where you get a chance to interact with the colorful Samburu people in their traditional setting and experience their culture.
This is a good opportunity to purchase traditional Samburu souvenirs, art and collectibles.
- Multiple Game drives
- All meals included while on safari
- All applicable Game Park entrance fees
- Guaranteed window seating with open top
- Safari vehicles carry cold drinks and mineral water
- Choice of accommodation in Samburu Game Reserve and Lake Nakuru National Park
- Round trip transport from Nairobi to Samburu Game Reserve and Lake Nakuru National Park
- Multi-lingual Professional Safari Guide/ Driver. (Professional Safari Escort is available upon request)
Rates Do Not Include:
- International Airfare
- A visit to a Samburu Village
- Accommodation in Nairobi
- Cost of obtaining passport and visas
- Gratuity for your professional driver guide
- Sundowner bush cocktails and bush dinner
- Gratuity for Porterage/ waiters at hotels, camps and airports
- Personal expenses, transfers to/ from the airport (supplement airport transfer cost applies for tours starting from the airport)
- Personal expenses such traveling insurance, excess baggage fee, communication charges that include, laundry, emails, faxes and phone calls beverages including luxury champagne, luxury spirits, beer, wines during meals or meals not indicated in the itinerary
Day 1: Nairobi – Drive to Samburu Game Reserve
Day 2 & Day 3: Full Day in Samburu National Reserve
Day 4: Samburu Game Reserve – Drive to Nairobi
Reviews Scores and Score Breakdown
Aliquam lorem ante, dapibus in, viverra quis, feugiat a, tellus. Phasellus viverra nulla ut metus varius laoreet. Quisque rutrum. Aenean imperdiet. Etiam ultricies nisi vel augue. Curabitur ullamcorper ultricies